Validated by BPP University from October 2012, the objective of this programme is to:
- provide access to a range of health studies programmes.
- provide an alternative route for those students who do not meet the current entry criteria for the Chiropractic programme.
Specifically, it aims to provide students with the basic science background needed to begin a degree programme in Health.
The aims of the programme are:
- To provide students with essential English Language and study skills, including academic writing and CV development.
- To expose students to scientific principles and basic concepts in the areas of:
- Human Biology
- General Science
- Clinical & Professional Practice
in addition, the programme will:
- Provide a qualification which will demonstrate the academic rigour required to study at degree level
- Familiarise students with College resources during independent and group activities
- Expose students to clinical thinking in the context of observations and demonstrations
- Provide a means by which the student is able to judge his/her ability to succeed on the Health related degree programme
The programme design is based on individual learning with an emphasis on the development of the basic concepts required for any health studies programme. Teaching and learning is formally undertaken through lectures, practical sessions, individual and small group assignments and home study.
We are now accepting applications for both Abingdon and Manchester campuses.