The programme is open to applicants meeting the following criteria:
- A member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- The holding of an honours degree in Animal Health or Equine Science or other University-level degrees where the Programme Leader is satisfied that the animal experience of the applicant is sufficient to successfully complete the programme
- Students who do not hold an animal science degree but have degree level qualifications and significant animal experience may apply for this programme under the Assessment of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) system
- All applicants must:
- Satisfy the interviewers of their aptitude for animal work.
- Provide evidence of an up-to-date tetanus vaccination and provide adequate personal liability insurance.
- Complete an examination on safe handling of animals.
- Those applicants whose first language is not English must provide evidence of an IELTS score of 6.5 (with a minimum of 6.0 in each element) or equivalent.